M50B25 Brücke
    Teilledersportsitze mit Sonnenrollo für Limo
    komplette HA 323/328i e36 mit Diff 90tkm

• :o Ich kann mich irren, aber klingt der noch ganz gesund?m3launch
    Ich kann den Sound jetzt wirklich nix abgewinnen!:watchout:

• Zitat von M3-Atze

:o Ich kann mich irren, aber klingt der noch ganz gesund?m3launch
    Ich kann den Sound jetzt wirklich nix abgewinnen!:watchout:

Der hört sich nicht ganz so wie im Video an.
    In Echt ist der besser.
    Klingt in echt gesund und ist es auch. Nur ein leichtes Vanos geräusch ist zu hören, mehr net.

Im Video hört des sich etwas scheiße an,
    wie gesagt, wenn ich es schaffe mach ich noch selber eins

• Zitat von Stift RS-Edition

Der hört sich nicht ganz so wie im Video an.
    In Echt ist der besser.
    Klingt in echt gesund und ist es auch. Nur ein leichtes Vanos geräusch ist zu hören, mehr net.

Im Video hört des sich etwas scheiße an,
    wie gesagt, wenn ich es schaffe mach ich noch selber eins

Ok............so Soundfiles können täuschen, ich wünsche Dir alles gute
    für den schönen E36 M3..:hup:

• Zitat von joachim

Von ner 3,2 Liter SMG Limo hät ich was
    http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m3e36lsmg1997-1.htm

den test wollt ich auch zeigen ^^

@soundfile

beim 2ten link was soll das darstellen? :D

aber gebe dir recht, als ich mein endtopf in youtube gehört hatte, war klar der komtm sofort ab wenn der wagen läuft, doch als ich ihn in natura dann hörte, war klar er bleibt der dran! das sind wie 2 welten zwischen soundfiles und in natura

• Zitat von Stift RS-Edition

Ich wollt mir erst einen anderen holen, der wurde aber leider ein tag bevor ich hinfahren wollte zum holen/kaufen verkauft.
    War eigendlich schon alles mündlich ausgemacht.
    Dann habe ich auf mobile geschaut am FR.
    Den gefunden, gleich hingefahren und mitgenommen.

War also recht kurzfristig.:haha:

Ich glaub ich hab den mal bei Mobile gesehen. Sehr schöner Wagen und die Farbe fand ich auch immer klasse. Hast du den Link zur Anzeige?

Gruß

• Echt geiler Wagen! =)
    Ist der in der Verkaufsanzeige so richtig tief auf originalen M3-Felgen gestanden? Dann kann ich mich noch dran erinnern :P

Fotostory: [KLICK] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"](Nichtmehr aktuell!! Befindet sich im Umbau und ist abgemeldet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Handel-Bewertungsthread: [KLICK]

• Yes I know this is an old(er) topic, but in case anybody finds it through "Scuhe" like I did.

It's funny how little is known about the SMG1 from the E36 and that even BMW (main) dealers have little knowledge about this system.

It's a much better system than you would think if you go online an search on this subject. In fact, it's quite a good designed system with proper components. Of course it can give errors, like any system, but it's not as bad as many think it is.

If it's in proper condition it will work just fine. Some think shifts are slower, but forget that you don't have to push in a clutch pedal first in a manual car, before the shift can be made. When you move the shifter in a manual car, you already have pushed down the clutch pedal. When you move the shifter in an SMG car, the shift won't happen directly. The clutch still has to be disengaged. So this is what happens first. Clutch is disengaged, then the shift is made. And with the system operating at full pressure (regulated by the big round accumulator) shifts are fast.
    Of course if you are a racing driver you can make lightning quick shifts with a manual car. Do keep in mind this system is from 1996 and looked at it from that correct time perspective, it's a very good system.

I'm part of a (small) group of M3 SMG1 owners and we all love the system. We share info with each other and we have worked out about every detail how the system works and how to check/solve faults.

I would recommand owning a GT1/DIS interface so you can do troubleshooting, resetting and operations like adjusting clutch engagement, debleeding the system after working on it etc.
    You don't want to go to a dealer for this.

The main problem you always ready about is the failure of the hydraulic unit, which is like €2000-€3000 new from BMW.

Well in fact, it's not the hydraulic unit that fails, it's the electric motor that drives the pump. This goes bad because of the plastic insulation inside the motor. Since this motor is right next to the exhaust manifold, it gets really hot and over time this insulation melts and shorts out the motor.
    If you go to BMW they say the whole unit must be replaced, while in fact all that is broken is a simple electric motor. One of the guys I know has contacted Sachs a few years ago, the makers of the hydraulic unit. They don't sell just the motor.

But no worries. The motor (held on by two bolts) can easily be removed from the unit. And as any electric motor, like the starter motor or the alternator, any electric shop can rebuilt the electric motor for less than €100.

And there you go, problem solved for <€100 instead of >€2000.

Of course there are more parts that can go wrong, but it's usually this unit that gives the most trouble you here about.

Sometimes the gear position sensor can throw an error, but this just requires a reset with DIS.

Of course you don't hear SMG owners going on forums every day to post that there SMG was fine again. You only read about it when things go wrong. And makes you think that it always goes wrong all the time.

I also read in this topic someone saying that you can't push the car away in case it does break down in the middle of traffic with a gear selected.
    This is not true. There is a special dual-fuse part that you insert into the little box that also hold the SMG relay and this is the emergency procedure to disengage the clutch, so you can push the car away.

Of course SMG still isn't for everybody. But if you find the perfect car in perfect condition, don't just look past it only because it's SMG1. In the worst case, you can always make it a manual, but give it a chance. It's not as bad as most think.

Also keep in mind you need to learn a new skill. You can't just step into an SMG car and drive off smoothly right away. It takes some time learning the system and learning when it shifts (in auto mode).

Most people say "I hate it" after doing a 10 minute testdrive. That is way to little time to give a good judgement.

Hope this helps a little understanding this system a little better.

• Ich denke eher das die leute mittlerweile einfach alle von sämtlichen Doppelkupplungsgetrieben vollkommen vergeilt sind, ich kann mir vorstellen das wie damals das SMG im e36 erschienen ist viele leute komplett geil drauf waren! Das man jetzt im Jahr 2014 eigentlich DKGs und DSGs hat die im selben Moment schalten oder gute Tiptronic mit normalen Wandlerautomaten die das auch gut können ist natürlich das SMG1 nicht mehr Zeitgemäß.. nur wielang ist das her???

• That's why I said you have to (and always have to) look from the perspective of the correct time period. In 20 year we will probably laugh at current DCT and auto-trannies with schaltwippen.

I still rather have an old style real clutch transmission in SMG form than any of these ZF 8-speed automatics. Yes it's a good transmission, but it's also very clinical. In the M3 SMG at least you still have the original clutch feeling. You just don't press the pedal yourself.

• Genau!
    Viele Leute vergessen wer in dieser Zeit mit diesen Autos gefahren ist, das sind nicht die Leute die ihre Autos pflegen sondern die fahren bis eben ein Fehler erscheint. Ein gut gewartetes Fahrzeug wird wenn man es gut wartet auch keine Probleme machen! Sind wir froh das sich die Technik in den letzten 20-25 Jahren im Automatikbereich geändert hat! :)

You know what you Talkin! ;)

• Indeed. Luckely a few of us like to keep "old tech" alive and enjoy it.

I think SMG really comes to live at a track. There you are in the higher revs and the system works better at higher revs than town driving.

Last year when I was on the Nordschleife, I had no problems at all with the SMG transmission. It was really fun. (And I still have my 328i and I almost find the clutching boring!)