328i Limousine Cosmoschwarz

• Heute Vormittag mal ein Extra nachgerüstet was ich schon lange im Auge hatte. Einen beleuchteten Schaltknauf. Habe einen aus dem E39 gefunden, der Holz/Leder gemischt hat. Gefällt mir sehr gut und passt zu meinen Holz-Leder-Innenraum.
    Einziges Problem, die orig. BMW beleuchteten Schaltknäufe leuchten rot und nicht amber/orange. Das wiederum gefällt mir gar nicht.

Also erstmal das Emblem enfernt

Darunter befindet sich eine Difusionsfolie

Und unter dieser ist dann ein festgeschraubter Plastikeinsatz

Wenn man ihn losgeschraubt hat kann man ihn mit einem Messer anheben und kommt dann endlich
    auf den Platinenring auf dem die Leds sitzen: Eine rote, zwei weiße. Die galt es nun gegen amberfarbige auszutauschen

Eigentlich wollte ich Amber-Leds bestellen, jedoch wusste ich nicht ob ich dann auch den exakten BMW-Farbton bekomme.
    Also habe ich ein paar Fensterheberschalter geschlachtet und mich an ihren Leds bedient.

Die alten Leds ausgelötet und die aus den Fensterheberschaltern in den Ring gesetzt und verlötet.

Und so sieht der fertige Schaltknauf dann eingebaut und in Aktion aus :D

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

• Und bevor jemand fragt, warum 6-Gang. Das 6-Gang Getriebe liegt bereits im Keller zum Einbau bereit :D

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

• Danke, freut mich dass es euch gefällt. Ich habe bei der Aktion allein 9 Fensterheberschalter vernichtet. 2 Leds sind mir beim Ausbau kaputt gegangen, eins habe ich mit der Zange zerstört und gleich drei auf einen Strich habe ich hingerichtet indem ich 12V direkt rein gejagt habe *autsch*

@Goran: Nein, poliere mein Holz eigentlich nicht. Ich nehme an, dass liegt an den Fotos. Es ist in Wirklichkeit natürlich nicht stumpf aber ich würde es auch nicht als besonders glänzend bezeichnen.
    Der Schaltknauf ist halt fast neu, der hat noch keine Kratzer und Sprünge im Klarlack.

• Und wie hast Du das mit dem Schaktsack gemacht?

Den wollte ich eigentlich übernehmen. Hatte ihn auch schon vom e39 Rahmen gelöst und einen e36 Rahmen vorbereitet. Aber es war nicht möglich den schön in den Rahmen einzupassen, weil der e39 Rahmen ganz anders geformt ist. Die Nähte wären hässlich verlaufen und es hätte sich massenweise Leder gestaucht. Also hab ich ihn einfach abgeschnitten und den Schaltknauf wie einen normalen mit dem e36 Schaltsack verbaut.

• wieder mal sehr geile arbeit von dir :hup:

• einfach nur traumhaft :hup:
    bin schon auf das getiebe gespant

Auf's Getriebe bin ich auch unheimlich gespannt. Eigentlich wollte ich ja eine 328i Kardanwelle kürzen lassen um das Getriebe unter Beibehaltung der 28er Hinterachse zu fahren. Jetzt habe ich mich aber doch entschieden die M3 Hinterachse samt Diff, Antriebswellen und Bremsen und ne 3,2er Kardan zu verbauen. Werde ich mir Montag vom Schlachter abholen.
    Hat den Vorteil, dass ich dann an der Hinterachse sogar 312x20mm Bremsen habe anstelle der ursprünglich von mir geplanten 294x19mm (E46 328i Bremse)

• Hey Fabian,

Good stuff once again. You already showed me the pics, now I had some time to check them all out here.

PS: an electric rear sunblind has been done on an E36. Some dude on a US forum who is every more crazy in modding (his doorpanels have like 10 switches to control all lights and stuff, crazy) and also fitted an E34/E32 electric rear sunblind.

PS: the intensiv cleaning bottle is 0.9L. It's says on the container, just like the big one. I have that 6L tank as well, but it's almost too big for my taste. With the 2.5L you can still access the stuff behind/under it. I believe you also need different headlight motors (small ones) to clear it.

I might swap the 6L for a 5L one.

PS: do you now have a different ignition switch from the rest of the locks?

PS: like the black tacho rings. Almost bought such unit a long time ago, but the seller never contacted me. I'm not sure why you went through all that trouble of taking the rings out and drill your own piece to fit, while you could have just swapped the outer glass part. No mods needed at all.

It could be some of the warning light symbols are different, but you can just swap out that whole mask

Now you need to swap back to black interior door handles as well. ;)

• Yes. Look at the pics in this journal. Fab has the 6L version as well. It's huge though. Like you said, not neccessary. I think it was originally intended for "eastern europe" cars, just like the "bad road" suspension (higher).
    I would even prefer to keep my 2.5L tank, but it has no connection for the SRA pump.

Also my car has the later >97+ heated washer jets. These only have 1 connections (Intensive wash was discontinued pretty quickly, I believe 94/95) so no need for the extra connection. Mine also have a small connector, not the big old one as pictured here. I could use a t-split just in front on the jets for the intensive wash connection.

As I spoke with Fabian, the original setup is not the best, even though I am "OEM" too. I want separate controls for pumps and wipers. I have an E34 Touring wiper stalk, which has extra positions for the rear wiper/wash. This means the normal pump, SRA pump and Intensive pump can all be activated separately and unrealted to wiper or headlight switch position (normally the SRA jets only work when the headlights are on and every 5th time the window washer jets are activated).

Having said that. I like the SRA jets more for looks then for actual use. But it's nice to have everything working.

• As I spoke with Fabian, the original setup is not the best, even though I am "OEM" too. I want separate controls for pumps and wipers. I have an E34 Touring wiper stalk, which has extra positions for the rear wiper/wash. This means the normal pump, SRA pump and Intensive pump can all be activated separately and unrealted to wiper or headlight switch position (normally the SRA jets only work when the headlights are on and every 5th time the window washer jets are activated).

Hey, that's pretty cool.

I think my 5l water tank is more than enough but I'd like to have the intensive cleaning tank as well. Just for the shits and giggles.

On another note I am very impressed what Fabian and you are doing. It amazes me every time.

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vagina: the more fingers you can fit, the worse it is."

• Hey Folkert,

The car I got the intense cleaning kit from indeed had a smaller headlight motor on the passenger side. But it fits with the normal ones, too. So I don't really know why there are smaller ones at all.
    The 6L tank doesn't bother me. I almost never need to reach the things below and beneath it.

I don't have a different ignition switch, as I changed the whole lock system. So finaly I have a non-lock door handle on the passenger side as it was normal when one had remote control for the locking system factory fitted.

If I had changed the glass from the 323ti tacho, I would now have the "grey" blend from 323ti. Didn't like that at all, wanted to keep the black one. :)
    By the way, why don't you have a journal here on e36.com? Want to see new pics of your cab, soon. ;)