BMW MoDiC help

• Hello,
    Thank you for having an international forum so outsiders can ask or contribute!
    I've recently purchased a BMW MoDiC but it does not have the docking station or diskettes. It was supposed to have loaded the diagnostic program, but it doesnt.
    Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Welcome to the Forum, I think the modic is a really rare part, especially given the prices and the work related to it (applying a code after some period, otherwise it won't work etc).

Do you have the handheld version? Should be II? Or the Bigger screen, more like a early tablet?

If you only want to have a cheap decoder, it would be way more easier to go with a old laptop with a serial interface and for example a do-it auto interface for your car. The software is something else, but you should be able to google some possibilty to receive them.

Regarding the modic, i think even they can be coded and programmed, but it seems you need a bigger station for it.

• Hi!
    Thank you for your answer!
    Indeed I have a MoDiC I (the handheld one like a gun). I think the MoDiC II is the same unit, but instead of having the docking station, it is loaded through the BMW DIS putting it in one of the drawers. The advantage of the MoDiC II over I is an extended program memory.
    MoDiC II it's a completely new unit, the one like a tablet you mentioned. I need someone who has a base, or a BMW DIS with MoDiC loading enabled so I could load the DME programs into it!
    But it seems it's going to be harder and harder to locate someone.
    I had before a TinyADS interface that I was using with EasyDIS, but I wanted the comfort of having thr MoDiC throwed into the trunk in case it's needed for me or anyone of the BMW Club of my country :)

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It unfortunately seems to be a really big problem to get the modic reactivated and the software back on. only found one person who talked about coding this thing: http://www.motor-talk.de/forum…gnosegeraet-t4556023.html <-- and also in german, the user megafrank360, also more than two years old. But perhaps you could get in contact with him.

For mobility i am using BMW Carly: http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-app/
    It is not cheap, but it is super mobile, the cable is in the trunk or glove compartment and my smartphone is always with me.

• Thank you, I'll try to catch him.

Unfortunately, my car is an E30 with a M40 engine, managed by a Motronic 1.3, and officialy Carly only supports from E36 and above :( And that's strange because the first E36 318i with M40 engine used M1.3, and later switched to M1.7. Maybe it works with an E30 but they thought they didn't have an diagnostic port.
    Can you read live data with the Carly? I read somewhere that for E36 it only displays fault memory.

Danke!

• Hahahaha good point on making money, didn't thought that.
    Anyway, It would be to make diags on my car and on the club's ones. And If anybody I don't know needs a diag, who knows :D
    I used to use EasyDIS with my E30 and it was perfect: activating injectors, idle valve..., reading sensor values and fault memory. The downside was, it was not too practical to use.

Regards