Beiträge von MParallel

Zitat von compact323ti

damn, i i only knew that a few week ago...
    the whole kit for the touring was in "abverkauf" for only 150 euro...
    but i did not know that the kit for the touring would fit my QP....

Abverkauf = sale ;)

Wow €150, that is really cheap. I paid something like €400 a few years ago.

Does BMW list somewhere where they have things for sale?

The BMW telephone can only read cards that use the 900mhz frequency. Not all operators use this. In Europe 900mhz and 1800mhz are used. Operators that use the 1800mhz will not work in the BMW phone.

Also, there are 5v and 3v SIM cards.

If you have the old BMW phone:

In this phone, the cardreader in the ejectbox will NOT read modern sim cars, so you have to use the S/E module.

If you have the new model:

In this model, BOTH cardreaders work. Even 2 at once. I have a Vodafone SIMcard in my ejectbox and a pre-paid KPN card in the S/E module as a backup card.
    The system automatically switches to the other card if you pull one out, and uses the ejectbox cardreader if 2 cards are inserted.

Also with the old telefon, you can not send and receive SMS's, but with the new model, you can(!).

P.S. In cabrio's, the old system had the S/E module located behind the right rear seat, the later model has the S/E module screwed(!) against the bottom of the "verdeck" storage compartment.

The bumper strips are the same for all models, except the Compact.

The OEM BMW retrofit kit for the cabrio had been out of production for a couple of years, but you can still get them for a Touring/Sedan/Coupe (unless that also changed in the meantime).

The kits are all the same, the only difference is the bracket for the PDC module, the bracket for the gong and the wiring loom from the module to the gong.

In all models, the gong is fitted inside the boot (trunk) and on the cabrio, it's fitted behind the rear, right speaker panel. So the wiring loom is much longer.

So what I did back in late 2007 when I ordered it, I ordered the Sedan retrofit kit and ordered the cabrio bracket and wiring loom seperately.

I then sold the Sedan wiring loom, so I basically had the original cabrio retrofit kit.

Zitat von Stefan_Schnuse

Unfortunately the ID3 tag support does not work on my Professional RDS. I don't know why. In the meantime I tried it with updates of my dension icelink and with several radio - no improvement.

I have never found exactly how old/new the RDS Professional is. I guess it's older than the CD43.

I really like the Professional RDS, with only the "soft keys" and big display, which looks like an E39/E38 MID.

It's just the tape deck that I really can't stand.

You can clean the potentiometer. Chances are, the conducting "paths" of the potentiometer have become dirty. This happens all the time. Dirt doesn't connect current as good as metal :)

All radio's with CD Wechsler connection can be used with a Dension/Dice interface that connects an ipod to the OEM radio.

I have a Dension Gateway myself on my CD43 and it works great. ID3 tag support as well.

Zitat von Crank89

Oder mit dem Lenkrad im e39 ;) aber im e36 wird das nicht funtzen

Zitat von Max Power

beim E36 musste auch basteln um die mit original radios zu verknüpfen...
    MFL gabs im E36 noch nicht, erst ab E46.

Falsch und falsch!

Ich habe eine MFL in meine E36 verbaut. Radio und telefon kan ich bedienen. Tempomat muss ich noch einbauen.

(I'm trying to type german).

Zitat von compact323ti

i really like ur cab!

the only thing i´d change, is that i´d lower it a bit.
    not talkin bout slammin it, but a bit lower would give the wonderfull rims a whole better effect! with so much wheel gap they look kind of wasted even though they are so pretty.
    just my two cents, the rest of the car is as perfect as it can be!!!

Don't worry, you are very right.

The pics of the BBS RS are old, with stock M suspension. That was in 2009. In 2009 I bought a set of Bilstein PSS9 coilovers.

Mainly because when I drove the Nordschleife, by suspension bottomed out in every corner. (I'll be back at the Nordschleife again from August 30 to September 16 this summer).

It drove so much better with the Bilsteins and looked much better.

At first it was really slammed, about 70mm in the front. Which was nice on the track, but not in the street. It is my daily driver in the end.

This was my "Nordschleife setup".

Right now it's lowered a bit less. But perfect compromise between looks and drivablity on the street.

Here's how it looks now:

(It may look too low in the back, but that because the rear wheel arch is so much lower on the E36 than the front, and the angle of the picture But if you look carefully you can see that it does stand nose-down).

It's more clear here:

I haven't fit my RS's yet (never been on with the PSS9's) as they have a leak again. I really hate 3-piece wheels. I think I have resealed all wheels like 2 times. Next time I'll just buy some Styling 5's. Much cheaper and never have to seal all the pieces.
    Oh well...

Zitat von SuMo Master

zeig ma nen link zu seiner story ich bin dort net angemeldet^^

Just click on the picture in my signature.

(Klicke Sie auf meinem foto im signature) Is that understandable?

Yes the compass is 90% useless, but that is not the point. I just love BWM amber/dot matrix displays and it just looks cool.

Not everything needs to have a function :)

Now lets see if can retrofit SES :D

Zitat von Banane

ey dieser typ ist ja nicht mehr normal.. der hat das verwirklicht wovon ich träume :D einfach nur geil... ich red jetzt von seiner fotostory im syndikat, was der da alles nachgerüstet hat in dem cabrio....

einfach nur hammer!!

i dont know too, what do you want with a compass in a CAR ? :) do you want fly? ;)

Haha, yes I am crazy for sure.

And thank you for the compliments.

Zitat von Free-Rider

folkert, u are one of the craziest freaks ever. :D
    (btw, it´s me... MartinSHL from the bmw-syndikat ;) )

And no, i´ve never heard of anyone who tried this. so good luck for u! ;)

Hey Martin,

How are you? How this it feel without the E36 cabbie? Did you get another BMW?

Be sure you check out my other topic, if you haven't seen it. I can now also fully control my carphone with the MFL. :)

Just look in the ETK.

On some lenkraden you can buy the emblem seperately, on some you can't.

You can't on the M lenkrad. You need to buy the whole airbag.

Z.B.:

with seperate emblems:

und

With no seperate (changeable) logo:

und

Has anyone ever tried fitting a kompass mirror from an new model BMW into the E36?
    Specifically in a car with ab-werk DWA (option 302).

The mirror is a straight fit and everything works, it's just the remote control (FB) that is the question.

Maybe the mirrors use infrared instead of radio signal, maybe the frequency if different?

Someone must have tried this?

Nope, the M tech airbag wheel's BMW logo is fastened to the airbag with 3 pins and can't be replaced.

If you check the ETK, you will see that the older steering wheels have a replaceable logo, but the M Technik airbag not.

Zitat von XenonIS

.....Im syndikat ist ein User welcher sogar ein Video eingestellt hat auf dem er mit dem MFL sein Business CD bedient. Dieser erzählte mir auch, er habe blos nen kabel an den richtig Pin des Radios geklemmt und fertig... Tempomat und Telefon will er wohl auch noch gängig machen, was ich mir aber doch nur schwer vorstellen kann. Der E36 Tempomat hat ja defintiv kein I-Bus.

Well it's been 1,5 year overdue as my phone seemed to have died, which turned out that two modules I tested, including the original one was broken. I never expected it to be the module. After I tested one 3 weeks ago, from someone who had one collecting dust, I tried it and the phone worked again. I'm very happy.

So now finally I had the time to completely reinstall the carphone (I took it out when it died, I only kept the ejectbox in the center console) and hook up the steering wheel controls.

Wow, awesome. It's just so nice to have everything working, like it's 100% factory, while BMW never offered this.

Here's a couple quick pics. I might check if the OBC also can be used as a display, as the CD43 only allows for 10 characters max, and the first 2 or 3 are used to display the entry number, leaving 7 or 8 for the name and number. Oh well, you can't have it all :)

Browsing through the phonebook on the sim card. The BMW phone doesn't have its own memory.

2nd entry...

Now you just press the call button on the MFL and as soon as there is a connection established, the radio mutes and "phone" is being displayed (you can turn the auto-mute function on or off in the telephone menu.

If the call is ended or the connection is lost, the phone returns to the radio. Before it does, "Wait" is displayed for a couple of seconds.

In BMW telefon EBA's I have seen a "change module" installation instruction, but I have no idea what this is for. The system already switches between radio/phone. Only thing I don't have is the original navigation system.

Now cruise control is still on the to-do list, as it never had any priority.

Not sure if I understand the original poster 100%. My German is "so so".

I think you wanted to fit the HK subwoofer to your hi-fi system (non-HK)? Just piggyback it off the rear speakers?

The hi-fi system amp is 200watt total, the HK is 320watt total with a dedicated subwoofer channel. So if that was your plan, it will never sound as good as with the HK amp.

Also when the E36 was in production, the CD43 wasn't available. The stock radio you got originally with the HK system is pretty "poor". If you want an OEM radio, you really should get the CD43. The output is much higher than all other radio's and raises the quality of the HK system dramatically. You won't believe your ears.

The hi-fi switch (raumklankschalter), BMW made a bad decision to not fit in the cabrio and let the position of the roof (up or down) choose the setting of this.

When I retrofitted the HK system into my cabrio, I didn't connect the roof module to the raumklank connector on the amp, but retrofitted the switch, so I can choose if I want the raumklank or not, regardless of my roof being up or down.

You can see the hi-fi schalter under my OBC:

As my shocks were more than 200k km and 13 years old, they were in real need of replacement.

As I was going to visit die Grünne Höle for the second time and wanted a more serious experience (in 2008 on stock suspension wasn't really enjoyable with the suspension bottoming out in every corner and understeering like crazy).

So I decided to make a long outstanding wish to get fullfiled.

So a set of Bilstein PSS9's coilover were fitted.

Excuse the poor pic quality of some.

Stock suspension:

Bilstein's. Both front and rear are set to the middle height settings.

Shock to wheel clearance is tight with the stock wheels. Will be better when the BBS RS get back on next spring.

I had the most fun ever last september. Oh I love the German Eifel and driving on both the GP Strecke und Nordschleife was so nice. Specially with the top down! :anbeten:

If I understand correctly you are talking about a rear strutbrace. I can't say for all models, but you can never fit one to a vert (cabrio) as the top shock mounts are located in a recess inside the roof compartment.

So any supplier saying it will fit all models, is talking out of its ass.