Beiträge von MParallel

Genau, deswegen steht auch der linke (Fahrerseite) Blinker 5meter über das Nierenblech.:icon_rolleyes:..

You really thinks so? That is a reflection of the surroundings. My blinker sits perfectly and does not stick out (otherwise there would also be a big gap behind it in the side fender, which is not the case).

des cabby isch doch au im syndi gell.. ?? die karre ist einfach so zum sabbern geil! :D

Yes, that is my car and it's in BMW Syndikat. I just returned from 2 weeks of Nürburgring GP Strecke und Nordschleife Touristenfahrten.

Nathan, it was nice to meet you. Very nice car. Love the Nappa leather interior.

Officially the compass has to be calibrated. You press the button on the underside (through a small hole), till a "C" appears. Then a number will appear or you press it again to show a number. This number has to be set to correspond with the location your at. In the BMW document it lists a world map with all the zones. You then select the number of the zone corresponding with your location. After the number is set, you slowly have to drive a full circle so the compass goes through all the N/Z/W/E zones. Then it's calibrated.

(oops I didn't realize how old this topic already was...)

yes, i think it is different because i got both some month ago. but i think i can remember that only this field was different ;) but please wait for the answer of the thread-starter :D

Yes that's the only difference(I have pictiures here). Although the bordspannung is also available on the OBC, hidden test 9. But in my manual 328i, a gear indicator would be of no use.

I have seen the other version go for nearly €1000.

I do wonder where you put all sensors. Did the Alpina differential come with a location where you can mount a diff temp sensor, or do you need to drill your own one?

Shame the project of that german "guy" is no longer updated, who had oil temp and pressure displayed on his OBC (8 series).

RS-Edition: danke für die Fotos (saw you had your whole engine for sale a year ago or so. I would've bought it :))

I

Zitat von fu86

Die sbe ist gleich, einzig der gurtstraffer ist bei neueren Baujahren anders (elektrisch) kann man aber einfach hin und her tauschen, das ist auch für Laien kein Problem.
    Nur ein bisschen Vorsicht sollte man haben wenn man da rum fummelt.
    Und blos die Zündung auslassen wenn der Beifahrersitz ausgebaut ist.

Actually not elektrisch aber Pyrotechnic (with a smalle explosive).

Up to 1994 BMW used a different style frame all together, with a one piece base/backrest part. You don't want these!

All gurtstraffer can be set over to other seatframes, so that doesn't matter. You can always mount the ones currently in your car to the other frames. You do need to use the mounting bolts too as they are different.

It doesn't matter though for the passenger occupancy sensor. They are the same for all seats that come out of a car with passenger airbag.

Kleine/Große BC is actually incorrect use (on all BWM forums).

There is actually only one BC, and that's the OBC (V) which is the version with 18 buttons (18 button MID).

All other versions are x-button MIDs.

The other versions aren't called board computers.

Just got back from 12 days of German Eifel Ferien and had a great time. Went to the Nordschleife almost everyday and upped my number of laps done.

Anyways, before I went over there, I finished the Kompass innen spiegel project I had been working on. It's mostly plug&play, but if you like me, have the factory alarm option (#302) you have a problem because the remote receiver is inside the factory mirror and the kompass mirror doesn't have one inside as far as I know or it simply doesn't work in the E36.

So I had to open up the old mirror, take out the remote module and fitted it somewhere under the dash.

Open up the factory mirror. This is hard. The bezel hardly pulls off. I somehow managed to get it off and don't break any of the tabs.

Things is, I didn't dare trying it on the expensive and much harder to find compass mirror. The best solution would be to open up the compass mirror, switch out the new for the old remote module (if they are the same size, which I don't know either), close it up and hook everything up. Maybe I'll try that in the future. Saves lots of work.

Mirror opened, glass removed. This what you see is the remote control unit. The blue wire is the antenna.

Back of auto-dimm glass. Lots of electronics on this!

remote control unit removed.

To remove the wiring you have to take out all the pins on the black connector to pull the wires through. Make sure you write down which color pin is in what number position (or as I like to do, make digital pics of it).

The remote module fitted in a spare comb-connectors holder, switched upside down. A couple of small screws + bolts to raise it a little but, to protect all the electronics on the other side of the PCB.

And then fitted in the bowels of the dash. As I have lots of modules on mine, since I have nearly every factory option (and then some) I only had some space left under and right of the right glovebox vent tube.

And as the new style mirrors have different plastic covers, they also use a different style of grommet. So again, out with all the pins, feed them through the new grommet and put them back in the connector.

Now if you don't have a factory alarm (dealer installed/dealer approved) you already have the remote control in another location and you can just plug & play the mirror in. Oh well!

- I also ran 2 extra wires from the factory alarm led to the mirror for that über cool alarm led at the bottom of the mirror. That way you can see from far away that the car is armed (and so do others) so you don't have to get next to the car and look inside.
    Gives me an extra space for a switch in front of the gearstick, although I don't have any options left to fit that would use a switch in that location.
    Maybe I'll hook up both leds.

And last but not least. After fitting the remote control unit so low, I noticed the RC reception was much less than before. So I took a long strand of wire and lengthened the original antenna and routed it back up alongside the A-pillar back the the other mirror (not hooked up of course). Reception is now back as it was, maybe even better.

Couple of pics of the finished look (taken at the Lidl parking place in Kelberg).

Besides the mirror itself, this base is covered by two big plastic trimpieces, unlike the factory mirror.
    I like the thick look that is creates, but what is best, is that, as you can see, the covers go all the way against the windshield, completely hiding the (hexagonal) mounting point. The stock metal base that has 2 small covers on the base itself, doesn't hide it.

The thicker rubber grommet, almost completely compressed. I was a little worried this might not fitted correctly as the position is slightly offset, but it all went in pretty well, although incredibly fiddly to do.

Side view of the base's trimpiece

On the factory (auto dimm) mirror, the light sensitive sensor was exposed behind a simple hole in the back of the mirror. On this later style mirror, there is a nice piece of transparent plastic that covers it.

All new look. Really liking this myself.

Why? Goes well with all the other switches, matrix displays and amber lights; I want them all.