Marktsituation M3 / 325i / 328i

• yes, thats what I'm thinking too, but can we rely on these numbers? If yes, I own one of 3 built individual M3 3.2 coupe in alaska blau^^

Fahrzeug 12er F11 525d Touring Alpinweiß III (Daily)

Stehzeug 00er E39 530i Touring Cosmosschwarz (?)

Dauerstehzeug 99er E36 328i Cabrio Fjordgrau (Season only)

Dauerstehzeug 98er E36 M3 Coupe Individual Alaskablau (Season only)

Dauerstehzeug 97er E36 323ti Compact Bostongrün (Season only)

Stehzeug 97er E36 328i Coupe Individual Estorilblau (Season only)

Ringtool? 96 er E36 328i Limo Diamantschwarz (schau mer mal)

• yes, thats what I'm thinking too, but can we rely on these numbers? If yes, I own one of 3 built individual M3 3.2 coupe in alaska blau^^

Yes. You can do VIN checks, but mostly like 10 per day.

Years ago, there was no limit and people had written scripts to run all VIN ranges all at once.

This has been done a few times in the past. So yes, these number are 99,9-100% correct.

• nice! then we can say that 32536 pcs of "real" m3 E36 has been built by ignoring the US models.

I would estimate that from these 33K the half amount is more or less alive^^

• Wow!

Great read, that means there were only 100 Boston green verts ever made.

I would have guessed a way larger number though.

I wish I could figure out how many of those had leather Modena.

As I mentioned earlier, if you go inside the forum, there are topics for Aussenfarben/Innenraum kombi numbers.

Your combo. Do you have Erwietertes Leder or regular?

Regular:

BOSTONGRUEN METALLIC (275) TEILLER WN / MODENA (N5AY) 43

Erweitertes Modena

BOSTONGRUEN METALLIC (275) LED NAPPA / MODENA (L7AY) 10

All combo's:

Cabrio

http://www.m3portal.com/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0

• Hi Folkert!

That is utterly crazy!

I never would have expected such a low number (mine is with the regular option).

One of the Vins very close to mine has the exact same options list as well as another one on sale here in Switzerland (manual trans though).

I was already wondering if these cars were ordered for a dealer (BMW NL Genève) and not by particular customers.

To eventually I have to sub 50 production number cars as there are only 38 other 911s withe same color combo ever been made.:S

• They only made 1763 LL 3.2 cabrio in total. Most Estoril and Cosmos.

White was not popular in 1998 as it is now. The original buyer of my car, who was 72 year old, he is my hero.

He is also m hero for not ordering any radio/sound system. Because of this, I don't have the radio antenna on the back of my car. Looks so clean.

He was from Bad Homburg and it original had an "HG" Kennzeichen. = Habe Geld :)

I just got lucky, because I had never planned to own an M3.

• has someone of you seen the aussenfarbe/innenraumkombi for 3.2 coupe? I think my individual exRHD alaskablau is one of a kind with lotosweißem leder :) - it also found me!

• has someone of you seen the aussenfarbe/innenraumkombi for 3.2 coupe? I think my individual exRHD alaskablau is one of a kind with lotosweißem leder :) - it also found me!

They only have the numbers for LHD unfortunately.

But Alaska with Lotus...I'm sure that is <5. Maybe even 1/1.

• I'm expecting it is 1/1 only 1 LHD and 2 RHD 3.2 coupe are known, my with the lotosweißem leder, for the other two I havent found any information. would be nice to know if they still exist;)

• Same here. Of these 12 Alpinweiss cabrios, 10 with black interior, there must at least been a handfull off the road through accidents and stuff.

I found one in Spain, but that's it.

• I once saw a very pristine Avus blau 3l with leather lotos, that car was absolutely gorgeous!

I recently talked to a friend how awesome it would be to build a handful of E36 es to our own specs, only utilizing period correct options.

There were just so many beautiful combos available like oxford, arktis grey and silver, santorin etc

• I once saw a very pristine Avus blau 3l with leather lotos, that car was absolutely gorgeous!

I recently talked to a friend how awesome it would be to build a handful of E36 es to our own specs, only utilizing period correct options.

There were just so many beautiful combos available like oxford, arktis grey and silver, santorin etc

U built my car exactly how I imagined it would be. With a few updated options, which BMW should have done. Like MFL. All parts are from the period correct era. BMW just didn't choose to use them on the E36. Which makes it even cooler.

Too bad the extended leather pieces, the 'big ones' are NLA.

I would also love some Papel Natur Holz trims to change interior looks.

Wish I bid more on the mint set that was for sale some years ago.

• Wow, thanks a lot for the info considering production numbers!! In case these are true -and your statement about the script seems valid- that also means that my chance of finding a „rare“ color combination is VERY unlikely :/

Do these numbers exist for AG models as well or did nobody take the effort to analyse it?

Thanks again!

• Wow, thanks a lot for the info considering production numbers!! In case these are true -and your statement about the script seems valid- that also means that my chance of finding a „rare“ color combination is VERY unlikely :/

Do these numbers exist for AG models as well or did nobody take the effort to analyse it?

Thanks again!

I wouldn’t necessarily say so.

There are cars showing up from time to time.

Although the market is overhyped right now and I highly doubt that cars sell for the asked money.

• Hmm ok. Ich schaue einfach und warte ;)

Würdet ihr empfehlen, bei einer potentiellen Besichtigung einen Experten mitzunehmen oder das Auto irgendwo in eine Werkstatt zur Durchsicht zu bringen?