BMW E36 M3 3.2 cabrio Alpinweiss on Schwarz

• Weather forecast for last weekend was sunny and dry, finally. So I took the M3 out of winter storage to do a few little things. To-do list is already growing.

A while ago I noticed that after aprox 7 years of hand sweat/moisture/grime, had worn of a little of the coating of the MFL button pod.

Unacceptable in my concours M , so it had to go. A while ago I bought a NOS button pod for very little money, which also has the horn symbol, instead of the later speech symbol. While I wanted to retrofit the E38 system with speecg control, there is no way the ejectbox can be nicely installed into the E36 console, so I skipped on the idea. Maybe one day in my 328i. I have all the parts. But since it's such a gimmick, I'm not gonna bother in my M.

I also like the horn symbol just better. More old school if you want to.

So out with the airbag and do the swap.

Worn coating

both pods. Notice how much gloss the old one has gattered over these years.

The rears of the OEM blanks and MFL versions have a different locating pin. You could drill it into the very tough rubber of the steering wheel, or simply swap over the covers. I did the last.

And in place

Then I also hooked it up to my GT1 to check for faults. Nothing found.
    Then I did a readaption of the SMG sensors/throttle/shifter/accelerometers

And condition of clutch "The clutch is okay"

And since it was such nice weather, of course I took it for a spin.

Still an absolute joy to drive and loving the SMG.

• Last Sunday it was exactly 3 years ago I drove to Germany and took one of your M3's and exported it. :)

Driving through the Ruhrgebiet. Stupid BMW driver's always too close on your bumper :D

\

Import inspection

And at home, where the 328i met its bigger and younger brother

It's been a good 3 years, with only Vanos problems, which has been fully rebuilt with new seals and E39 M5 solenoid seals.

SMG has been fine as well and I really enjoy it.

Up to the next 3 years.

• Jetzt mit Schaltwippen

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Amazing craftsmanship Folkert, again! And your steering wheel looks almost new - thanks to the green soap? Still need to buy it.

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

• Dear Folkert,

your car is just so unbelievably gorgeous!:love:

As I have almost the same car as you have (unfortunately by no means as beautiful as yours) I was wondering if you also accept customer cars for service?

I would be also keen to know if the GT1 is the only possible way to be able to read out the clutch of an SMG car?

Take care,

Christoph