Cabrio: alarm ab-werk (#302) innenraum detection?

• Sorry, I don't speak German, so I have to do this in English (took me some time to get the title in German) :)

I have a big mistery which I am trying to solve and I hope some e36 cabrio owners can help me here.

This is only applicale for those that have a cabriolet and have the factory alarm with option code: 302 and have this key:

As my car is a German Import, you guys are the only one that can give me a definitive answer.

Do or don't original German cars with this alarm and this key have interior detection on their cars?

It seems mine doesn't have it, or maybe it doesn't work? Does anybody know where the radar(?) module is located?

When I look in the ETK there isn't a Radar module listed, but it is listed for the e46. So I wonder...maybe there is no such thing as a radar interior detection for the e36 vert.

So what I would like to know:

1: Does your vert have interior detection
    2: Is the detection module a seperate one or built into the DWA? And if it is seperate, where is it located and what is the BMW part number (a picture would be greatly appreciated) or maybe it's aftermarket?

Any help would be very welcome!

• Sorry, i can't help you. I just can try to translate the text for the german users:

Er fragt, ob in e36 Cabrios, die ab Werk eine Alarmanlage verbaut haben, eine Innenraum-Überwachung eingebaut ist. Also sowas, wie ein Ultraschall-Sensor wahrscheinlich. Er ist sich nicht ganz sicher, da so ein Sensor im ETK für den e36 nicht aufgeführt ist, für den e46 aber schon.

Und er meint, dass wenn sein e36 Cabrio so einen Ultraschall-Sensor haben sollte, er bei ihm wohl nicht funktioniert und ob ihm jemand die BMW-Teilenummer davon hat. Und ob es den Sensor dann einzeln gibt, oder er in einem anderen teil der Alarmanlage integriert ist.

Fotostory: [KLICK] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"](Nichtmehr aktuell!! Befindet sich im Umbau und ist abgemeldet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Handel-Bewertungsthread: [KLICK]

• as far as i know the e36 convertibles don´t have an interior detection!!! I also asked a friend of mine, wich is very informed in e30 and e36 and also works for bmw in the elektronics-department. he said there is no such detection in the e36

why do you whant to know????

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Navy"] m3launch Bad-Ass Girls Drive Bad-Ass Cars m3launch [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

• Zitat von Vanilla320i

as far as i know the e36 convertibles don´t have an interior detection!!! I also asked a friend of mine, wich is very informed in e30 and e36 and also works for bmw in the elektronics-department. he said there is no such detection in the e36

why do you whant to know????

Thank you XenonIS and Vanilla for your replies. Solves this mistery for most parts.

My insurance demands a class III alarm system, but the governing body who gives out the certificates, has a list of what classes should confirm too. One of the things of class III is that it should have interior detection.

So there I have a problem, unless, and it looks like that is the case, the original BMW alarm didn't have that option on the cabrio, but the BMW dealer where I had it checked, gave me a Class III certificate.

Also when I contacted BMW Netherlands, they say it's a classs III alarm. So maybe some factory alarms are exceptions to the rules.

What made things more unclear was someones else I know, which has a 328i cabriolet imported from Germany, with also the #302 factory alarm and he has interior detection.
    Which means it's very likely be added when the car was imported and is not an original BMW option. (Like I said before, in the E36 ETK is no listing of a radar detection module, but is for the E46, which is a shame really). I don't want these ugly ultrasonic "microphones" on the top of my a-pillars.

It now seems that in Germany interior detection is (or was at that time) not mandatory, but is over here.

I might see if a radar module from an e46 is retrofittable for the E36, as I like to keep things OEM (as can be seen from my journal).